Upper Silver Lake Boating Rules
Boaters must observe safe boating rules!
1. Boaters should observe the following restrictions: High speed boating and water sports are from 11 am till 7:30pm Eastern daylight time.. DNR info on this here. The DNR rule R 281.700.3 as written applies towards eastern standard time. An explanation on what happens during daylight standard time can be found here
2. All boats must be identified by lot number. Every year a number of boats come loose and we find them in other parts of the lake. Properly identifying your boat, kayak, paddle board, canoe, etc will help you recover it if it comes loose.
3. All boats must observe posted speed limits of 5mph in bays and operate at a safe reasonable speed.
4. All boats pulling skiers must have two people in the boat.
5. All skiers must wear life jackets.
6. Power boats, including jet skis/sea doos, must drive in a counter clockwise direction.
7. Boats overtaking slower boats must pass on the left.
8. Upper Silver Lake Fishermen should observe DNR limits regarding size, season, and limit.
9. Boaters should observe Coast Guard/State of MIchigan regulations regarding operator's age and operating conditions.
10. Right-of-way: 1st sail boats, 2nd row boats and canoes, 3rd power driven boats.
LET'S ALL PRACTICE "GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP" FOR THE GENERAL WELFARE OF EVERYONE. WE'RE ALL NEIGHBORS!
ALL UPPER SILVER LAKE LOT OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR GUESTS.