Flood Plain Information

You can check FEMA's website to see if property is in the FEMA flood plain area at this website:  https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search

If property is in the flood plain area but you believe the designation was in error (e.g.:. your cottage/home is on a hill or bluff, you don't think the FEMA flood plain map is accurate, etc)  you may submit a letter of map amendment, also referred to as a LOMA.

The LOMA process involves getting a survey (by a surveyor) of your property and submitting maps and data to FEMA.  More information on the LOMA process is here

Email the association board if you have other questions on the flood plain designation, LOMAs, etc.  uppersilverlakemichigan@gmail.com